> Tips > When it's hot out there: take care
When it's hot out there: take care
August 2, 2013
When heat and humidity are extremely high, avoid strenuous outdoor activity, especially late morning through the evening. Spend time in air conditioning if possible, or ventilate rooms with open windows and fans. Remember to drink plenty of fluids, especially if you must be outdoors. Think "water", not alcohol or caffeine.
Sign up to receive our Daily Safety and Preparedness Tips
- July 10, 2014: Always put campfires out
- July 9, 2014: Are we having a heat wave?
- July 8, 2014: It's hot! Make sure your pets are not.
- July 7, 2014: Check on your neighbors during hot weather
- July 6, 2014: Keep your cool when it's too darn hot!
- July 5, 2014: Use gas grills safely
- July 4, 2014: Make sure it's only the food that gets broiled.
- July 3, 2014: Summer brings barbecues; use grills safely
- July 2, 2014: What's the weather going to be today?
- July 1, 2014: So you think we don't have tornadoes in Maine?
- June 30, 2014: Make sure those alerts keep on coming
- June 29, 2014: On a beautiful day in the neighborhood, prepare for when it's not
- June 28, 2014: Just because you saw it on the Internet doesn't mean it's true
- June 27, 2014: But I didn't know it was going to rain!
- June 26, 2014: When thunder roars, go indoors!
- June 25, 2014: Do a battery inventory
- June 24, 2014: High-tech can protect your pet
- June 23, 2014: Do you know what your workplace emergency plan is?
- June 23, 2014: Sometimes a copy can be the real thing
- June 21, 2014: Put "check-up" dates on your calendar
- June 20, 2014: Charcoal grill? Outside only
- June 19, 2014: Keep a list of freezer contents posted on the freezer door
- June 18, 2014: Can you hear me now?
- June 17, 2014: Trim those trees.
- June 15, 2014: Get a lot of preparedness for a little investment
- June 15, 2014: Learn CPR and First Aid
- June 14, 2014: Lightning kills, play it safe
- June 13, 2014: Start with a list of phone numbers
- June 12, 2014: Don't leave that candle in the window
- June 11, 2014: Safety is a state of mind