Training Announcement: DHS to Offer Active Shooter Workshop in South Portland
August 16, 2012
Texas Instruments and the National Protection and Programs Directorate Office of Infrastructure Protection within the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, are hosting a one-day Security Workshop to enhance awareness of, and response to, an active shooter event:
- Educating participants on the history of active shooter events;
- Describing common behavior, conditions, and situations associated with active shooters; and
- Fostering communication between infrastructure owners and operators and local emergency response teams—this includes discussion of interoperability, communications protocols, and best practices for planning, preparedness, and response.
This is NOT a tactical training course
The workshop will be held on September 7, 2012, from 8:30 AM to 4:30 AM at Texas instruments (formerly national Semiconductor), 52 Jetport Plaza Road, South Portland, Maine.
Registration for the workshop is free. Recommended to participate are:
- Corporate and facility security professionals from the private and public sectors
- Supervisory first responders
- Homeland security representatives
For more information and to register, visit the course website. **Please note carefully all registration requirements. **
Contact:Department of Homeland Security