Home → Business and Service Organizations
Getting Started with Business Emergency Planning
Maine’s businesses form the backbone of the state’s economy; small businesses alone account for a majority of the economy. If businesses are prepared to survive and recover, the State and our economy are more secure.
Maine’s service organizations play a critical role in our communities. Their clients rely on them every day – and during an emergency situation, their roles will be even more important..
Your business or organization can weather any storm. It starts with the planning you do today.
Here are some (free!) resources to get you started.
Maine Prepares Fact Sheets:
- Business Preparedness: Getting Started: Ideas to get you on the road to disaster planning, and links to more resources
- Business Preparedness: A Checklist: free and low cost actions to get you going
Small Business Administration (SBA):
- Disaster Planning: a wealth of materials on response and recovery planning and resources
- PrepareMyBusiness.org: Co-sponsored by Agility Recovery; includes links to free webinars on planning topics.
Institute for Business and Home Safety:
- Open for Business: Easy-to-use workbook-style planning tools
American Red Cross
- Ready Rating: Self-assessment tool and self-guided program to improve disaster readiness
Federal Emergency Management Agency:
- Ready Business: Planning tools for all hazards