Home Representatives Latest News Radio Addresses Contact Us Leaders & Staff Legislative Calendar
Representative Linda F. Sanborn

District #26

Representing - Gorham (part)



Rep. Linda Sanborn is serving her fourth term in the Maine House of Representatives.

Sanborn has lived in Maine since 1981, when she completed her medical residency and moved to Gorham to be near the family of her husband, Jeff. She practiced family medicine in Gorham for 25 years before retiring in 2007. Linda and Jeff have three adult sons.

Sanborn's community involvement includes serving as a deacon at First Parish Congregational Church, United Church of Christ, in Gorham, as well as volunteering at the Ecumenical Food Pantry in Gorham. She enjoys tennis, pilates and exercise classes in her free time and loves to bake.

To view high resolution photos of Rep. Sanborn click here.


Rep. Sanborn serves on the Joint Standing Committe on Appropriations and Financial Affairs.

Brief description of the subject matter handled by the committee: General Fund appropriations and general fiscal policy; federal funds allocations; special revenue and block grant allocations; Budget Stabilization Fund; unappropriated surplus; bond issues; collective bargaining funding; review of revenue estimates; budgeting methodologies, review of financial orders; financial evaluation of agencies of state government; Maine Public Employees Retirement System; retirement eligibility and benefits for state and municipal employees, including teachers; judicial and legislative retirement systems.

For more information about the schedule of committee hearings or to sign up for advance notice of public hearings click here.


Click on the button below to see all bills, joint resolutions and orders I sponsored or cosponsored this session, as well as legislative sentiments that honor and recognize people from our district and throughout the state.






To do a general bill search, click here.

Contact Me

Thank you for taking time to contact me. You may use the online contact form to reach me.

You can also contact me at my home:

170 Spiller Road
Gorham, ME 04038
Home tel: (207) 839-4664


When the Legislature is in session, you can leave a message for me by calling the State House Message Phone: (800) 423-2900 or the State House TTY Line: 207) 287-4469.