CAREER AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION REGION
GENERAL FUND BUDGET REPORTING
JULY 1, 2015 - JUNE 30, 2016
FY 2015-16 EF-M-46V Excel Spreadsheet Instructions for Career and Technical Regions only:
The EF-M-46V Excel Spreadsheet is designed to report to the Maine Department of Education the tax assessment required of the Region member school units to fund the FY 2015 budget. This information is necessary to fulfill reporting requirements and data requests to various Department constituencies.
To complete this spreadsheet, save the template to your hard drive, review the instructions below and then complete the spreadsheet. The completed spreadsheet should be uploaded via the MEDMS Financial System as a “supplementary document”, following the instructions below; this may be done at the same time as the upload of the annual budget data.
Instructions for completing the spreadsheet:
- Column 1 is the name of your member school units (i.e. RSU 20).
- Column 2 should contain the percent of the total budget that each member school unit provides; column 2 must total 100%.
- Column 3 should contain the dollar amount of support each member unit will provide for all costs other than transportation, bus purchases, leased space or debt service payments on the construction of a new facility.
- Column 4 should contain only the dollar amount of support each member provides for transportation costs; this amount should not include any payments for purchasing student transportation vehicles.
- Column 5 should contain only the dollar amount of support each member provides for the payments or direct purchase of student transportation vehicles.
- Column 6 should contain the dollar amount of support each member provides for any lease payment for classroom or administrative space.
- Column 7 should contain the dollar amount of support each member provides for any major capital debt service payments due in the current budget cycle. Major capital debt service payments are for the construction of a new school building or the construction of a new addition to an existing school building.
- Column 8 should total the tax effort requested from members to fund the current year budget.
- Column 9 should contain the dollar amount of support each member provides, if applicable, to the CTE Region’s Adult Education Program. If the Region has no Adult Education program, leave this column blank.
Instructions for uploading the spreadsheet:
The completed spreadsheet should be uploaded via the MEDMS Financial System as a “supplementary document”; this may be done at the same time as the upload of the annual budget data. To submit the completed spreadsheet, follow this process:
- Sign into the MEDMS Financial System and choose “Financial Submissions” from the Menu.
- Choose “Financial Data Submissions” from the Sub-Menu.
- Under the “Supplementary Documents” Header, choose “browse” to locate the EFM 46V on your hard drive, click on the file, choose “open” and you will now see the file name in the box following “document to attach”
- Under “submission type”, choose “budget revenue” and under “fiscal year”, choose 2015.
- Choose “upload” to finish
Updated 02/13/2015 PAP