USDA's Rural Development Section 504 Repair and Rehabilitation Program
can be used for:
- Updating an ineffecient heating system
- Purchasing a new heating system, including a wood pellet furnace (pellet stoves not eligible)
- Replacing or adding insulation
- Replacing broken or drafty windows
For Rural Development Maine success stories, click here.
To learn more, visit the USDA Rural Development Maine Program
or call or email
1-800-352-8963 Ext. 161, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please provide your name,
telephone number, and the county in which you live.
Franklin Savings Bank Green Incentives
can be used for:
Installing a wood pellet stove in your home and qualify for a special discounted loan
- Wood Pellet Stove loan up to $5,000 at a rate substantially below regular home improvement loan rates. Please call for current interest rate. Stove may be purchased from any vendor, however Northern Lights in Farmington, Maine has teamed up with Franklin Savings Bank to provide Harman pellet stoves at a discounted price. To read more about this partnership, click here.
- Buying a high MPG gas or hybrid vehicle and get a discounted rate on a car loan
- Eligibility based on EPA rankings. Discount off current rate is .50% for vehicles that get 35 MPG or higher. Discount off current rate is .25% for vehicles that get 25 to 34 MPG.
- Installing a windmill or solar collector to your home and get a discounted rate on a Home Equity Loan
- .25% discount off current rate is available only for solar or wind alternative energy sources and excludes conventional improvements, such as new windows and insulation. Must be a Home Equity Loan, not a line of credit.
To learn more, visit Franklin Savings Bank