This online service provides vehicle owners with the ability to purchase a duplicate Maine certificate of title for their vehicle when the original has been lost, misplaced, or damaged. If the certificate of title has a lien holder listed on it, the lien must first be released to use this service. The service is provided by a third party working in partnership with the State of Maine. The total amount of $46.00 that you pay includes funds to develop, maintain and enhance the State's official web portal, Maine.gov, and Maine.gov online services like this one.
Who can use this service?
- Maine Residents with a valid driver's license number or State ID.
- Vehicle owners with a certificate of title that does not have a lien holder listed.
You cannot use this service if:
- A company is listed on the title.
- The vehicle is 1994, or older.
What you will need
- Your vehicle year, VIN and mileage
- The name, date of birth and driver license number of all owners recorded on the title
- A Visa, MasterCard or Discover credit/debit card
- Find answers to frequently asked questions.
Questions about this Service? Contact the Bureau of Motor Vehicles at: (207) 624-9000 Ext: 52230 or email firstname.lastname@example.org