Important Notice: During the Civil State of Emergency some vision restrictions have been lifted.
This service allows you to renew your driver's license or Maine ID card or
purchase a replacement driver's license or ID card at any time, day or night.
IF YOU HAVE NOT YET PROVIDED PROOF OF LEGAL PRESENCE TO THE BUREAU OF MOTOR VEHICLE,
YOU CAN NOT USE THIS SERVICE.
This service is provided by a third party working in partnership with the State of Maine. The total amount you pay includes funds to develop, maintain and enhance the State's official web portal, Maine.gov, and Maine.gov online services like this one.
Who Can Use This Service?
This service is designed to process a renewal or replacement credential that
requires no changes. A Maine licensed driver with an active digital license,
digital motorcycle license or digital motor driven cycle restricted license and
any holder of a digital Maine ID card may use this service.
You Cannot Use this Service and will have to visit a BMV office or mobile unit location if:
PLEASE READ REASONS BELOW BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH YOUR TRANSACTION
- You have or wish to apply for a REAL ID driver’s license or identification card.
- Your privilege to operate is suspended or revoked.
- You hold a commercial driver's license.
- You hold a driver's license from another jurisdiction.
- You have not provided proof of legal presence to the BMV.
- Your current driver's license or Maine ID card has an out-of-state address, post office box, mail drop, rural route or general delivery. You must provide proof of residency to the BMV.
- You changed your name since your last renewal.
- You changed your address since your last renewal.
- You wish to change your weight or hair color.
- You have developed a medical condition or an existing medical condition has changed since your last renewal.
- You need an eye exam. Vision screenings are required at the first license renewal after attaining age 40, at every 2nd renewal after that, and at every license renewal after attaining age 62.
- You have a physical address printed on the reverse of your credential. If you choose to use the service the address will not appear on the new credential.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you receive an error message during this online process pertaining to the address on your credential or a message regarding proof of Citizenship or Legal Presence, you will need to proceed to a motor vehicle branch office or mobile unit site to complete your transaction.
For additional information regarding residency requirements and proof of citizenship/legal presence, please visit the following site: http://www.maine.gov/sos/bmv/licenses/renewal.html
For additional information on renewing or replacing your driver's license or
Maine ID Card, please visit the BMV website at:
What You Will Need:
- Your Social Security number
- A valid credit card (Visa or Mastercard)
- A printer
Questions about this Service? Contact BMV at: (207) 624-9000 x 52114
or Email: email@example.com