During the Civil State of Emergency some vision restrictions have been lifted.
Who Can Use This Service?
If you are a Maine resident with an active non-commercial license, motorcycle license, motor driven cycle restricted license, or a Maine ID card, you may use the service to process a renewal or replacement of your driver's license or ID card.
During the process you may also:
- Change your address.
- Update your hair color, height, or weight.
What you will need
- Your Social Security Number
- A valid credit card (Visa or MasterCard)
- A Printer
Some roadblocks to processing your transaction online may be resolved by phone; please contact us at 624-9000 x 52114 if:
- You have not provided proof of legal presence to the BMV.
- There is no hair color recorded on your Maine driver's license or ID card.
- You receive an error message after attempting to use the online service stating that you need to provide proof of legal presence or evidence of Maine residence.
Did you know most driver's license suspensions can be resolved by phone?
If your privilege to operate a motor vehicle is suspended or revoked, and you would like to process a renewal or replacement of your non-commercial driver's license online, please contact us at 624-9000.
You will have to visit a BMV office or mobile unit location if:
- You hold a driver's license from another state.
- You already hold, or wish to apply for a REAL ID driver's license or identification card.
- You hold a commercial driver's license.
- You changed your name since your last renewal.
- You have developed a medical condition or an existing medical condition has changed since your last renewal.
- You wish to remove a restriction to corrective lenses.
Online services are provided by a third party working in partnership with the State of Maine. The total amount you pay includes funds to develop, maintain and enhance the State's official web portal, Maine.gov, and Maine.gov online services like this one.
For additional information on renewing or replacing your driver's license or Maine ID Card, please visit the BMV website at: http://www.maine.gov/sos/bmv/licenses/renewal.html
Questions about this Service? Contact BMV at: (207) 624-9000 x 52114
or Email: email@example.com