Department of Education
- Application materials for Higher Education Workforce Grants - New or Expanded Programs, Round 2 (open until June 30, 2023)
- Application materials for Competitive Grants for Adult Education (closed February 7, 2023)
- Application materials for Competitive Grants for Adult Education (closed July 25, 2022)
- Application materials for Higher Education Workforce Grants-New or Expanded Programs (closed June 16, 2022)
- Application materials for Higher Education Workforce Grants Work-Based Learning Experiences (closed June 8, 2022)
Maine is in constant competition with other states and the world to build and retain a talented workforce that can succeed in emerging industries shaped by new technology. Investments in Maine’s people and education system keep Maine competitive, grow our skilled workforce, and position us to emerge from the COVID-19 pandemic with a thriving economy that attracts new businesses and empowers people to make a good living.
In collaboration with the Maine Department of Economic and Community Development and the Maine Department of Labor, the Maine Department of Education is establishing three competitive grant programs to strengthen Maine’s workforce. The first will seek to increase the number of English language acquisition courses and vocational language trainings offered by regional adult education programs across the state. The second will enable regional adult education programs to expand career and college success supports on community college campuses. The third will be available to Maine’s private higher education institutions for innovative programs that can address the workforce needs of an industry negatively impacted by the pandemic or reduce educational disparities for students disproportionately harmed by the pandemic.