Home > Maps, Publications, and Online Data > Ordering Instructions > Finding maps and publications
Finding Maps and Publications
- Geologic Maps and Publications
- Our new publications search allows you to search for maps and publications by geographic area or subject. The subject search is linked to the Bibliography of Maine Geology. Search results are linked to online maps and data and also to an online shopping cart. Although online ordering is not available at this time, the shopping cart order may be printed and mailed or faxed to the Maine Geological Survey.
- Over 1300 geologic maps are available for viewing online. You may go directly to these maps from the Maps, Publications and Online Data page.
- Topographic Maps
- Use the publications search to find the quadrangle:
- Use the Zoom In feature on the map of Maine to display your region of interest.
- By holding down your left mouse button, you may draw a rectangle around the area of interest and enlarge the scale of the display.
- If the quadrangle outlines and names don't show, zoom in to a smaller area.
PRINTED PUBLICATIONS LIST
- E-mail, phone, fax, or mail us a request for a free printed publications list. This list is organized by subject and includes publication descriptions, index maps, and an order form.
VISIT OUR OFFICE
- Publications may be viewed in our office before purchase during office hours, 8 AM - 5 PM, Monday through Friday (excluding all State holidays). For directions to the office, see our location map.
Remember to note the title and publication number:
- To speed your order, be sure to note the publication title and number.
- When using the publication search engine, the publication number is shown when you click the "Details" link listed after the publication title. The publication search can also generate an automatic order form listing this information.
- When viewing online pdf's, the publication number is the "Open-file" number shown in the title block.
Last updated on December 8, 2009