Municipal Planning Assistance Program
Statute and Rule:
Instructions for State Agency Reviewers
The Growth Management Act requires the Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry to solicit comments from other state agencies on proposed comprehensive plans.
Agency review comments should include:
- a determination as to whether or not the proposed plan uses data provided by your agency appropriately;
- an analysis of how the proposed plan's policies and implementation strategies promote the State Goal(s) relating to your agency's principal objectives and directives;
- an analysis of whether the proposed plan is consistent with your agency's programs and policies; and
- a description of the measures your agency recommends the municipality take to ensure that its plan addresses and identifies deficiencies and inconsistencies.
All comments on a plan must be submitted to DACF in writing (preferably electronically and on agency letterhead). Your comments will be reviewed by DACF and sent directly to the town along with our completeness review letter. Please be sure to indicate the date comments are sent and the contact person for your agency.
Please see this sample agency review letter for a format that has worked well for some.
Status of Current and Recent Comprehensive Plan Reviews
The plans listed below have been submitted for review for consistency with Maine's Growth Management Act and State Goals.
Comprehensive Plans Reviewed Under Comprehensive Plan Review Criteria Rule
The plans linked below are the versions originally submitted to DACF for review. They may not reflect revisions made as a result of the review or prior to adoption by the municipality.
* Amendment or follow up within 24 months of an inconsistent finding