TRAINING ANNOUNCEMENT: L0289 State Volunteer and Donations Management
October 7, 2019
November 19 - 22, 2019
Classes run from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. each day.
8 a.m. to noon on last day.
Jeff's Catering, 15 Littlefield Road, Brewer, Maine 04401
This course teaches the components of a volunteer and donations management program to be administered at the state level during a large-scale disaster. Participants will be equipped to prepare a program for their state to effectively manage unaffiliated volunteers, unsolicited donations of goods, and offers of undesignated cash. The course content and activities also serve as a plan template, thereby increasing continuity among states and their voluntary agency partners. This training also provides information regarding FEMA's volunteer and donations management responsibilities and helps build relationships between government and non-profit organizations.
This course is designed to include:
- State Volunteer/Donations Coordinator
- Coordinator's Alternate
- Leading statewide voluntary organizations
- State VOAD (Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster) Chair or Designee, and member agency representatives
- Public Information Officer or Liaison
- Program Functional Leads (e.g. Warehousing; Phone Bank)
- Government-Private Sector Liaison(s)
- Others to include Federal, State, territorial, and Tribal emergency management personnel.
Continuity Education Units (CEU's):
Emergency Management Institute (EMI) awards 2.5 CEU's for completion of this course.
This course is also part of FEMA's Advanced Professional Series certificate.
How To Apply
Complete a FEMA Form 119-25-1, General Admissions Application with student signature and signature of supervisor or sponsoring agency official. Submit the application via an emailed PDF or fax no later than November 5, 2019 to:
Penobscot County Emergency Management Agency
Office: (207) 945-4750
Fax: (207) 942-8941