Sign Up for Email Alerts
Get news releases delivered to your inbox!
News Release for June 1, 2015
For more Information:
Paul Merrill, Public Information Officer - 207-624-3355 or 207-215-9297
Paving to Begin in Western Maine
Augusta – Beginning this week, (6/1) crews will perform an LCP (Light Capital Paving) operation through the towns of Rumford, Andover, Bethel, Mexico, Newry, Norway, Roxbury and West Paris.
There will be one lane of alternating traffic through the work zones controlled by flaggers. Motorists should expect slight delays.
It is anticipated all work will be completed by the end of June, 2015.
Pike Industries, Inc. will perform this $1.1 million project.
The towns and routes are as follows:
South Rumford Road beginning at Route 232 and extending easterly for 8.08 miles
South Rumford Road beginning 0.10 of a mile north of Wyman Hill Road and extending easterly 0.71 of a mile
Andover Road beginning at Route 2 and extending northwesterly for 4.91 miles to the intersection of Route 5
Wyman Hill Road extending northwesterly for 1.19 miles to the intersection of Route 108
Route 5 beginning at Ellis River Road and extending northwesterly for 5.33 miles to the Rumford-Andover town line Norway:
Greenwood Road beginning at Route 118 and extending northerly for 3.27 miles to the intersection of Morse Road and Round Pond Road
Route 26 beginning 0.02 of a mile south of Grove Street and extending northerly for 0.16 of a mile Bethel:
Main Street beginning at Church Street and extending northerly for 0.30 of a mile to the intersection of Railroad Street
Church Street beginning at Main Street and extending northwesterly for 0.41 of a mile to the intersection of Railroad Street
Main Street beginning at Railroad Street and extending southerly for 0.16 of a mile to the intersection of Vernon Street
Mill Hill Road beginning at Songo Pond Road and extending northeasterly for 0.33 of a mile to the intersection of Church and Broad Street
- Highland Terrace beginning on Route 2 and extending northwesterly for 2.21 miles to the intersection of Route 17
- Frye Crossing Road beginning at Route 120 and extending northeasterly for 0.33 of a mile to the intersection of Route 17
- Beginning 0.03 of a mile north of Land Fill Road and extending northwesterly for 1.00 mile to the intersection of Route 120
- Beginning 0.38 of a mile east of the Greenwood town line and extending easterly for 2.30 miles to the intersection of Route 26
- Sunday River Road beginning at the Bethel-Newry town line and extending northwesterly for 0.75 of a mile to the intersection of Skiway Road
Have a Press Inquiry?
Contact Paul Merrill.
Phone: 207-624-3355 or 207-215-9297
Address: 24 Child St., Augusta, ME 04330