Sign Up for Email Alerts
Get news releases delivered to your inbox!
News Release for July 20, 2010
For more Information:
Paul Merrill, Public Information Officer - 207-624-3355 or 207-215-9297
Overnight Closure Of Certain I-295 Exits Planned For This Week
MaineDOT announced today that contractors working in the greater Portland area will close certain exits on I-295 overnight on selected dates this week in order to allow for paving and bridgework. The schedule of overnight exit closures may change if inclement weather prevents paving, but it currently includes:
Wednesday night, 7/21
- I-295 Exit 1 (Maine Mall Road/Maine Turnpike North) – southbound off-ramp closed overnight 7PM-6AM
- I-295 Exit 7 (Franklin St.) -- Either the northbound or southbound on-ramp will be closed overnight each night ongoing from Wednesday, 7/21 between 7PM and 6AM the following morning. Detours will be established.
- I-295 Exit 17 (US 1 Yarmouth) northbound on-ramp, closed overnight 8PM-6AM
- I-295 Exit 20 (Desert Road) northbound off-ramp, closed overnight 8PM-6AM
Long-Term Closure of Veranda Street Southbound On-Ramp -- Also on Wednesday night, 7/21, a long-term 24/7 closure of the Veranda St. southbound on-ramp will begin at 7PM on Wednesday 7/21 due to bridgework and lane closures on I-295 southbound.
Thursday night, 7/22
- I-295 Exit 2 (U.S. 1 South) will be closed overnight, 7PM-6AM
Additional information on the Greater Portland Area Interstate Improvements for I-295 including project maps, a sign-up for email alerts and more is available online at mainedot.gov.
Have a Press Inquiry?
Contact Paul Merrill.
Phone: 207-624-3355 or 207-215-9297
Address: 24 Child St., Augusta, ME 04330