If you Call the Maine Crisis Hotline
Maine Crisis Hotline
Not in Maine?
Call the National Suicide
Here is some general information about what will happen.
You will be connected to a crisis worker who will:
- Ask if you're feeling safe. Safety is the primary concern and how this question is answered will determine the rest of the conversation.
- Keep what you have shared confidential unless your safety is in question.
- Ask other questions like, "What's going on?" or "What do you hope to get from this conversation?"
- Help you figure out what supports you might have (adults who listen and support you) and help you identify options.
- Listen and care about what's happening to you.
You do not have to be suicidal to call the crisis hotline - getting help before you reach the point of feeling suicidal is a very positive thing to do. Remember, the information you share with the crisis worker will remain confidential unless your safety is in question.