This page provides information of interest to municipal assessors and other property tax officials in Maine. If there is something missing that you think should be added to this page, feel free to email us with the link or suggestion.
- List of Property Tax field appraisers, with contact information and territories covered
- State Valuation History 1986 - 2017, including graphs - see tab named "GRAPHS" (Excel)
- Municipal Mill Rates, 1998 - present (Excel) These are the actual rates. For rates adjusted by state valuation, see Full value rates.
- Statewide Municipal Current Use Statistics, excluding parcels in the unorganized territory (Excel)
- Voluntary Municipal Farm Support Program. Municipalities have the option of providing property tax relief to farmers in exchange for a conservation easement.
2018 Property Tax Commitment Packet
- Assessors’ Certification of Assessment & Warrant
- Certificate of Assessment to be returned to the Municipal Treasurer
- Information Needed on Property Tax Bills
- 2018 Tree Growth Rates
- 2017 Property Tax Legislative Changes
- 2018 Municipal Valuation Return (MVR) | pdf version | Excel version
- 2018 MVR Guidance
- 2018 Standard Tax Rate Calculator (Excel)
- 2018 Enhanced Tax Rate Calculator (Excel)
Sample Tree Growth Tax Law Program Notices
- 120 Day Notice - 10 Year Compliance Letter
- 1st $500 Supplemental – 10 Year Compliance Letter
- 2nd $500 Supplemental - 10 Year Compliance Letter
- 120 Day Notice - New Owner - 1 Year
- 1st Supplemental - New Owner 1 Year
- 2nd Supplemental - New Owner 1 Year