Skip Maine state header navigation
OFFICE OF SECURITIES
121 STATE HOUSE STATION
AUGUSTA, ME 04333
In re: Parasol
Films II, Inc., Parasol Films II, LLC, Erik Baquero, Dean McDaniel, Daniel
Duarte, Nicholas Melisse
Parasol Films II, Inc., Parasol Films II, LLC, Erik Baquero, Dean McDaniel, Daniel Duarte, Nicholas Melisse
NOTICE OF INTENT
TO ISSUE CEASE AND
Films II, Inc., (“Parasol”) is a foreign business entity with a last known business
Films II, LLC, (“LLC”) is a foreign business entity with a last known business
3. Parasol is the managing member of LLC.
Erik Baquero (“Baquero”) is an individual
who at all times relevant to this matter has been the sole shareholder, Chairman,
Chief Executive Officer, President, and Director of Operations of Parasol and a
control person of Parasol and LLC, as defined in 32 M.R.S.A. §10602(3). Baquero’s last known business address is
McDaniel (“McDaniel”) is an individual who at all times relevant to this matter
was an employee of Parasol with a last known business address of
Melisse (“Melisse”) is an individual with a last known business address of
8. During the time period between March 2001 and May 11, 2001, Duarte, Melisse, and McDaniel solicited two Kittery, Maine, residents (the “Maine residents”) by telephone on numerous occasions to invest in a film called “Shooting Blanks” that was to star Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Tilley.
returned $800 to one
14. Pursuant to 32 M.R.S.A. § 10401, a person may not offer and sell any security in Maine unless the security is registered under the Revised Maine Securities Act (the “Act”) or the security or the transaction is exempt under the Act or the security is a federal covered security.
to the records of the Office, the units in LLC are not registered under the Act
for offer and sale in
to 32 M.R.S.A. § 10301(1), it is unlawful for any person to transact business
violated 32 M.R.S.A. § 10301(1) when it offered and sold securities in
to § 10301 (2), it is unlawful for any broker-dealer to employ or contract with
a person as a sales representative in
§ 10301(2) when it employed or contracted with McDaniel,
22. Pursuant to 32 M.R.S.A. § 10602(3), as a “control person” of Parasol and LLC, Baquero is liable for the securities law violations of Parasol, LLC, McDaniel, Duarte, and Melisse, to the same extent as Parasol, LLC, McDaniel, Duarte, and Melisse.
23. Pursuant to 32 M.R.S.A. § 10602(1), the administrator may issue a cease and desist order if she reasonably believes that any person has engaged, is engaging or is about to engage in any act or practice constituting a violation of any provision of the Revised Maine Securities Act.
Pursuant to 32 M.R.S.A. § 10708(6), notice is hereby given that the Securities Administrator intends to issue an Order to Cease and Desist against respondents, pursuant to 32 M.R.S.A. § 10602.
Pursuant to 32 M.R.S.A. §10708 (2), interested parties have thirty (30) calendar days from the entry of this Notice of Intent to file a written request for a hearing.
Christine A. Bruenn
Bonnie E. Russell
Assistant Securities Administrator
Norman E. Rutt