Plumbers' Examining Board - Military Experience & Training

The Office of Professional and Occupational Regulation wants to make sure that individuals who have military experience and training and who wish to obtain a plumbing license receive appropriate credit for their military training and experience. If you have military experience and training in the plumbing field and want to become licensed in Maine as a Master or Journeyman Plumber, please contact Bob LeClair (207-624-8678) or Catherine Carroll (207-624-8605) or email the office before submitting an application. They will explain the application process and assist you in preparing your application for licensure. Military documentation that may need to accompany your examination application includes:

  • A copy of your DD Form 214, Report of Discharge

  • A copy of your DD Form 2586, Verification of Military Experience and Training (VMET)


Click Here For Step-by-Step Instructions About Getting Your License.


Master Plumber 

Journeyman Plumber 

Last Updated: May 30, 2018