Frequently Asked Questions - Apprentice Oil Burner and/or Solid Fuel licensees

Do I need to pass a test?


What are the different types of authorities?

1 & 2 Oils up to 15 gph
1 & 2 Oils over 15 gph
4, 5 & 6 Oils
Solid Fuel

How do I apply for a license?

Click HERE to download a license application. IMPORTANT: You must be under the direct supervision of a Master Oil and/or Solid Fuel Technician at all times.

Is my application confidential?

No. With the exception of Social Security Number, all application information is public. Contact information provided to the Board is posted on our website.

I misplaced my license. How can I get another copy?

Follow this link to request a duplicate license.


Do you still have questions? Email the Board's Licensing Staff

Code Questions

Last Updated: September 16, 2019