Effective March 1, 2019, the Office of Professional and Occupational Regulation (OPOR) will no longer issue paper license verifications. License verifications are available, free of charge, on OPOR’s official database, https://www.pfr.maine.gov/ALMSOnline/ALMSQuery/Welcome.aspx?board=4646. This database is updated in real time as changes occur. The Office of Professional and Occupational Regulation considers this information to be a secure, primary source for license verification.
Many of our services are now available online:
Counseling and Pastoral Counseling exam approval:
You may now register for the NCE and NCHMCE directly with CCE-Global without having to go through the board approval process. To register for an exam, please use the following link:
Marriage & Family Therapist exam qualification must still be applied for through the Board of Counseling Professionals Licensure. Please use the link on the board’s website.
You must still apply to the Board of Counseling Professionals Licensure for a license once you have passed the exam.
- Endorsement License Application (All License Types)(For Individuals who currently hold a comparable license in another state)
- Standard License Application (All License Types)(For individuals who do not hold a comparable license in another state and have already passed the required Examination or Examinations) or (MFT Examination and/or License Request)
Reinstatement Applications (Only for Licenses Expired 91 Days to 2 Years)
- Proposed Supervision Plan (PDF)
- Supervisor's Affidavit (PDF)
- Sample Disclosure Statement (PDF)
- Degree/Internship Verification Form (PDF)
- Educational Requirements Worksheet Professional Counselor (PDF)
- Educational Requirements Worksheet Clinical Professional Counselor (PDF)
- Educational Requirements Worksheet Marriage and Family Therapist (PDF)
- Educational Requirements Worksheet Pastoral Counselor (PDF)
- Examination Accommodations Request Form (PDF)
- Credit Card Authorization Form (PDF) - To authorize payment of fees by Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express
- No Social Security Number Affidavit (PDF)