You may now register for the ADC and Advanced ADC exams directly with IC&RC without having to go through the board approval process. To register for an exam, please use the appropriate link below:
ADC Exam Link: https://form.jotform.com/71366208738159 (CAC)
AADC Exam Link: https://form.jotform.com/icrc_admin/ME_ICRC_AADC. (LADC)
Study Guides: www.readytotest.com or 866-471-1742
LOCATIONS OF COMPUTER BASED TESTING SITES IN MAINE
Auburn Central Maine Community College, 1250 Turner St, Auburn, ME (207) 755-5450
Bangor 11 Bangor Mall Blvd Unit D, Bangor, ME (207) 404-2001
South Portland 20 Atlantic Place, S. Portland, ME (207) 773-2032
EXAM APPROVAL DOES NOT MEAN A LICENSE IS PENDING OR HAS BEEN ISSUED. Once you have taken and passed the examination, you will be required to apply for licensure. You may apply online at the following link: https://www.maine.gov/pfr/professionallicensing/professions/adc/online-services
YOU MAY NOT PROVIDE ALCOHOL & DRUG COUNSELING SERVICES UNTIL YOU HAVE AN ACTIVE LICENSE ISSUED BY THE BOARD. A PENDING LICENSE IS NOT AN ACTIVE LICENSE AND DOES NOT ALLOW THE PRACTICE OF ALCOHOL & DRUG COUNSELING. 32 M.R.S. §6205. Licensing
You will receive information from IC & RC as well as Prometric regarding your examination. Please be sure to read all information carefully.
- When a candidate schedules an exam, they receive an Admissions Letter which outlines the requirements to gain access to their exam.
- When a candidate schedules a remote proctored exam, they are emailed an Admission Letter that has instructions and a link to the ProProctor User Guide. The system and environment requirements are clearly explained in the guide. Remote Proctoring is a convenient option especially for those who may not be close to a testing center. This option is not for everyone. The candidates who use this option must be prepared to ensure that their system is properly set up to be compatible with the Pro-Proctor application and be sure to follow all instructions precisely.
Below are some tips to assist you if you do choose the remote proctored exam:
- Carefully read the SMT Pro-proctor manual that is included in your letter from IC&RC in its entirety before pre-registering and selecting the remote option. SMT’s Remote Proctoring Manual Link: https://www.prometric.com/sites/default/files/2020-04/PrometricProUserGuide_3.1_1.pdf
- IMPORTANT: MacOS 13.0 Ventura is not supported at this time.
- Do not use an office computer or any public Wi-Fi.
- Carefully read the Candidate Admissions Letter. It explains all Equipment and Environmental requirements for the use of remote testing.
- If you feel that your equipment or testing environment do not comply with the requirements, contact IC&RC or the testing company at least 7 business days prior to your exam to be reassigned to a testing site. (a $25 rescheduling fee will apply)
- Conduct all necessary systems checks to ensure that you will have a good connection and a successful remote examination.