Military Experience and Training

The Office of Professional and Occupational Regulation wants to make sure that individuals who have military experience and training and who wish to obtain an occupational license receive appropriate credit for their military training and experience. If you have military experience and training, we want to talk to you.

Bob LeClair and Catherine Carroll can explain the application process and assist you in preparing applications for licensure in Boiler, Electrical, Fuel, and Plumbing professions. You can reach Bob at 207-624-8678 (or click Send Message to Robert LeClair to send him an email message) or Catherine at 207-624-8605 (or click Send Message to Catherine Carroll to send her an email message).

For questions regarding other professions, please contact Commissioner Anne Head at 207-624-8511 or click Send Message to Anne Head to send an email message.

Military documentation that may need to accompany your examination application includes:

  • A copy of your DD Form 214, Report of Discharge
  • A copy of your DD Form 2586, Verification of Military Experience and Training (VMET)

Click here to visit the Office of Professional & Occupational Regulations' web page. 


Last Updated: November 14, 2017