The Maine Bureau of Insurance provides on this page all of the information necessary to register a service contract provider or administrator. Contact Us if you have questions or are unable to find what you are looking for.
- Service Contract Provider/Administrator Registration Information/Checklist - Word or PDF
- Registration Application for Service Contract Provider and Service Contract Administrator - Word or PDF
- Unconditional Guaranty form - Word or PDF
- Appointment of Resident Agent to Receive Service of Process - Word or PDF
Service Contract Provider/Administrator registration renewals are due November 1st of each year and the renewal notices are generally mailed by the beginning of September. Renewals cannot be completed online at this time and must be returned to the address indicated on the renewal notice. A renewal application must be completed annually and returned to the Bureau of Insurance with the renewal payment.
NOTE: Foreign Corporations, Foreign Limited Partnerships, Limited Liability Companies, or Limited Liability Partnerships (Title 31 §852) may also be required to apply to the Maine Secretary of State for authority to do business in Maine. See Secretary of State website for additional information. http://www.maine.gov/sos/cec/corp.
- Company Renewal Dates and Fees
- Fee Schedule - (Scroll to Item 30)
- Authorization of Credit Card Payment - Word - PDF
NOTE: You must have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to open PDF files. Get it here.
The documents on this page are also available in hard copy by contacting the Bureau.