Application Information | Appointments | Continuing Education | Common Questions | Duplicate License | Exams | Fees | Forms to Update Information | License Renewal | License Termination | Print a License | Statutory & Compliance Requirements |
- Producer License Application
- Change from Resident to Non-Resident - Word or PDF
- Surplus Lines
- Application for Authority - Electronic or Word or PDF
- Bond Form - Word or PDF
- Notice of Records Retention and Tax Payments
- Pursuant to Title 24-A M.R.S.A. §2016, monthly and quarterly reports must be made available for review by the Superintendent in your office at all times or delivered to the Superintendent within 5 days of request. This retention schedule is for Bureau of Insurance audit purposes only and may not be adequate to protect your other business or legal interests.
- TAX PAYMENTS - for procedures on filing your insurance tax payments, contact the Maine Revenue Services Income/Estate Tax Division at (207) 624-9753.
- Continuing Education Frequently Asked Questions
- Continuing Education Provider and Course Search
- Continuing Education Requirements
- Continuing Education Waivers or Deferments for Active Duty Military Personnel
- Training requirements for Producers/Brokers to sell products on the Federally-Facilitated Marketplace
- Appointment/Termination Form - Word
- Appointment/Termination Form Instructions - PDF
- Producer Appointment Renewals - PDF
- Producer Appointment & Termination Instructions
- Title 24-A §1402 - (Producer Definition and Licensing Requirements)
- Life Settlement Consumer Guide - (for insurers and producers as required by §6808-A(4))
- Alternative Life Settlement Consumer Guide - (for insurers and producers as required by §6808-A(4))
NOTE: You must have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to open PDF files. Get it here.
The documents on this page are also available in hard copy by contacting the Bureau.