For more information, visit our section for Supervising Travel Insurance Producers - http://www.maine.gov/pfr/insurance/regulated/individuals_bus_entities/supervising_travel_producer/index.html
|Topic||Frequently Asked Questions|
|Print a License||How do we print our license?|
|License Renewal||How do we renew our license?|
|Annual Continuation||There is no expiration date on our license. What is our renewal date?|
|Change Contact Information||How do we change our contact information?|
|Terminate a License||How do we terminate our license?|
|Change of DRLP||How do we change our DRLP? Can there be more than one DRLP?|
|Access Code||How do we obtain our Access Code?|
|Application Fees||What are the application fees?|
|Update Officers/Directors||How does our agency update its Officer/Director information?|
|Name Change||Our business entity has had a name change. What do we do?|
|Contacting the Licensing Section||How do we contact the Licensing Section?|
A: Maine is not currently set up to print licenses electronically. The current process is for us to mail a hard copy of the license to the mailing address within two weeks of license approval. Renewal licenses will only be sent upon request.
A: Renewals can be processed in paper only:
- Please wait to receive your renewal invoice in the mail and follow the instructions on the invoice. Invoices are mailed 6-8 weeks prior to the renewal due date.
- Licenses cannot be renewed more than 60 days prior to the renewal date.
- The renewal fee for both resident and non-resident supervising travel insurance producer entity licenses is $300.
A: This license has an annual continuation fee. Your renewal date will be based on your initial license date. You can perform a licensee search on our website www.maine.gov/pfr/insurance/licensee_search.html to see your renewal date.
A: Address/Contact information can be changed 1 of 2 ways from our website at: http://www.maine.gov/pfr/insurance/regulated/individuals_bus_entities/business_entity_address_change.html
- Electronically via ALMS Online with an access code. This will change your information for Maine only.
- Via paper form which can be faxed, e-mailed or mailed (see below for contact information). This will change your information for Maine only
Please note, changing the business entity address does not automatically update that same information for the individual producers affiliated to the entity.
A: Please complete the Voluntary Termination form found on our website at www.maine.gov/pfr/insurance/regulated/individuals_bus_entities/supervising_travel_producer/index.html#forms
A: An entity can change its Designated Responsible Licensed Producer either by paper or electronically using the access code from the website at http://www.maine.gov/pfr/insurance/regulated/individuals_bus_entities/business_entity_changes.html In Maine, there can only be 1 designated DRLP.
A: Access Codes are printed on the license for all new licenses. If you do not have your access code, please submit your request via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 207-624-8475 and request Producer Licensing.
A: Applications can be submitted by paper only and can be found on our website at www.maine.gov/pfr/insurance/regulated/individuals_bus_entities/supervising_travel_producer/index.html#application Once completed, you may submit by email, fax or regular mail (see below for contact information)
A: The application and license fee for both resident and nonresident applicants is $500.00.
Q: How does our agency update its Officer/Director information?
A: You can submit any Officer/Director changes in writing either by e-mail, fax or in writing. We do not have a designated form at this time.
A: If there is no change to the Federal Tax ID number (FEIN) for the entity, simply complete the Name Change form found on our website at www.maine.gov/pfr/insurance/regulated/individuals_bus_entities/supervising_travel_producer/index.html#forms. There is no fee, UNLESS you want a new license printed which the fee is then $10. If, however, there is a change to the FEIN, it is considered a new entity and you must go through the application process.
- Licensing Supervisor – Pamela Roybal – 207-624-8408 – email@example.com
- Licensing Attorney – Lindsay Laxon – 207-624-8429 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Licensing Specialist – Debra Ayotte – 207-624-8413 – email@example.com
- Debra can help with questions concerning Name Changes, Address Changes, Affiliations, Terminations, Resident to Non-Resident and general licensing questions.
- Licensing Specialist – Vacant
- CE Coordinator – Dawn Kilgore – 207-624-8411 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dawn can help with all questions related to Continuing Education as well as general licensing questions.
- Insurance Claims Examiner – Tracy Cunningham – 207-624-8436 – email@example.com
- Tracy can help with questions related to electronic transactions, disclosures including criminal and administrative, enforcement actions and general licensing questions.
- Mailing Address for regular mail: 34 SHS Augusta, ME 04333
- Mailing Address for UPS, FedEx, Overnight: 76 Northern Ave. Gardiner, ME 04345
- General Contact Info: firstname.lastname@example.org; Fax # 207-624-8599; Phone # 207-624-8475; Toll Free # In State Only 1-800-300-5000