For more information, visit our section for Structured Settlement Transferees - http://www.maine.gov/pfr/insurance/regulated/individuals_bus_entities/structured_settlement/index.html
|Topic||Frequently Asked Questions|
|Print a License||How do we print our license?|
|License Renewal||How do we renew our license? What is the fee?|
|Change Contact Information||How do we change our contact information?|
|Access Code||How do we obtain our Access Code?|
|Terminate a License||How do we terminate our license?|
|Submit an Application||How do we submit an application?|
|Application Fees||What are the application fees?|
|Business Entity Name Change||Our business entity has had a name change. What do we do?|
|Service of Process||Are we required to provide Service of Process information?|
|Contacting the Licensing Section||How do we contact the Licensing Sections?|
A: Maine is not currently set up to print licenses electronically. The current process is for us to mail a hard copy of the license to the mailing address within two weeks of license approval. Renewal licenses will only be sent upon request at renewal time.
A: Renewals can be processed in paper only:
- Please wait to receive your renewal invoice in the mail and follow the instructions on the invoice. Invoices are mailed 6-8 weeks prior to the renewal due date.
- Licenses cannot be renewed more than 60 days prior to the renewal date.
- The renewal fee for both resident and non-resident Structured Settlement Transferees is $100.
A: Address/contact information can be changed 1 of 2 ways:
- Electronically via ALMS Online with an access code. This will change your information for Maine only.
- Via paper form which can be faxed, e-mailed or mailed to the Bureau of Insurance. This will change your information for Maine only.
A: Access Codes are printed on all new licenses. If you do not have your access code, please submit your request via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 207-624-8475 and request Producer Licensing.
A: Please complete the Voluntary Termination form found on our website at http://www.maine.gov/pfr/insurance/regulated/individuals_bus_entities/producers/index.html#forms
A: Applications can be submitted by paper only and can be found on our website at http://www.maine.gov/pfr/insurance/regulated/individuals_bus_entities/structured_settlement/index.html#application Once completed, you may submit by email, fax or regular mail (see below for contact information).
A: The initial license fee for both resident and non-resident portable electronic device vendors is $100.
A: If there is no change to the Federal Tax ID number (FEIN) for the entity, simply complete the Name Change form found on our website at http://www.maine.gov/pfr/insurance/regulated/individuals_bus_entities/structured_settlement/index.html#forms.
There is no fee -UNLESS you want a new license printed- the fee is then $10. If, however, there is a change to the FEIN, it is considered a new entity and you must go through the application process.
A: Yes. The entity must name a Service of Process contact located in Maine. If the Service of Process information changes after becoming licensed, the entity will have 10 days to provide the updated information.
- Licensing Supervisor – Pamela Roybal – 207-624-8408 – email@example.com
- Licensing Attorney – Lindsay Laxon – 207-624-8429 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Licensing Specialist – Debra Ayotte – 207-624-8413 – email@example.com
- Debra can help with questions concerning Name Changes, Address Changes, Affiliations, Terminations, Resident to Non-Resident and general licensing questions.
- Licensing Specialist – Vacant
- CE Coordinator – Dawn Kilgore – 207-624-8411 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dawn can help with all questions related to Continuing Education as well as general licensing questions.
- Insurance Claims Examiner – Tracy Cunningham – 207-624-8436 – email@example.com
- Tracy can help with questions related to electronic transactions, disclosures including criminal and administrative, enforcement actions and general licensing questions.
- Mailing Address for regular mail: 34 SHS Augusta, ME 04333
- Mailing Address for UPS, FedEx, Overnight: 76 Northern Ave. Gardiner, ME 04345
- General Contact Info: firstname.lastname@example.org; Fax # 207-624-8599; Phone # 207-624-8475; Toll Free # In State Only 1-800-300-5000