For more information, visit our section for Adjusting Firms - http://www.maine.gov/pfr/insurance/regulated/individuals_bus_entities/adjusting_firms/index.html
A: Licensees cannot print their own license. However, the current process is for us to email a copy of the license to the primary/business email address provided at the time of application. The email will generally be sent within 24-72 hours after license approval. Renewal licenses will only be sent upon request.
A: You can request a duplicate copy of your license at: http://www.maine.gov/pfr/insurance/regulated/individuals_bus_entities/duplicate_license_request.html Go into the ALMSOnline service using your license number and Access Code. Once submitted, the license will be automatically emailed to the primary email address you provide.
If you prefer to receive a hard copy of the license in the mail, you can request the duplicate by completing the paper Duplicate License Request form. The fee is $10 and the license will be mailed within two weeks.
A: Renewals can be processed 3 different ways:
- Electronically via www.nipr.com.
- Electronically via the ALMS Online service on our website at https://www1.maine.gov/cgi-bin/online/licensing/begin.pl?board_number=1040
- If you prefer to renew manually, please wait to receive your renewal invoice in the mail and follow the instructions on the invoice. Invoices are mailed 6-8 weeks prior to the renewal due date.
- Licenses cannot be renewed more than 60 days prior to the renewal date. The adjusting firm renewal fees can be found on the chart located at http://www.maine.gov/pfr/insurance/regulated/individuals_bus_entities/renewal_dates_fees.html
A: Resident adjusting firm renewal dates are 12/01/even years. Non-resident adjusting firm renewal dates are 04/01/odd years.
A: Address/Contact information can be changed 1 of 2 ways from our website at: http://www.maine.gov/pfr/insurance/regulated/individuals_bus_entities/business_entity_address_change.html
- Electronically via ALMS Online with an access code. This will change your information for Maine only.
- Via paper form which can be faxed, e-mailed or mailed (see below for contact information). This will change your information for Maine only
Please note, changing the business entity address does not automatically update that same information for the individual producers affiliated to the entity. Individual address changes must be submitted separately.
A: Please complete the Voluntary Termination form found on our website at http://www.maine.gov/pfr/insurance/regulated/individuals_bus_entities/adjusting_firms/index.html#forms - Termination of Business Entity or Branch Registration.
A: An adjusting firm can change its Designated Responsible Licensed Producer either by paper or electronically using the access code from the website at http://www.maine.gov/pfr/insurance/regulated/individuals_bus_entities/business_entity_changes.html In Maine, there can only be 1 designated DRLP.
A: Access Codes are included in the email with your initial license. If you do not have your access code, please submit your request via e-mail at https://www1.maine.gov/cgi-bin/online/licensing/begin.pl?board_number=1040 or call 207-624-8475 and request Producer Licensing.
A: Applications can be submitted electronically via www.nipr.com or by downloading the paper application at http://www.naic.org/paper_licensing/maps_paper_licensing.htm and submit by e-mail, fax or regular mail (see below for contact information)
Application fees can be found at http://www.maine.gov/pfr/insurance/regulated/individuals_bus_entities/fee_schedule.html
A: You can submit any Officer/Director changes in writing either by e-mail, fax or in writing. We do not have a designated form at this time.
A: If there is no change to the Federal Tax ID number (FEIN) for the entity, simply complete the Name Change form found on our website at http://www.maine.gov/pfr/insurance/regulated/individuals_bus_entities/adjusting_firms/index.html#forms. There is no fee, UNLESS you want a new license printed which the fee is then $10. If, however, there is a change to the FEIN, it is considered a new entity and you must go through the application process.
A: Affiliations can be done either by paper or electronically using the access code from our website at http://www.maine.gov/pfr/insurance/regulated/individuals_bus_entities/business_entity_changes.html There is NO fee for a new affiliation or to terminate an affiliation.
A: A branch office is any office location, other than the primary location of the licensed business entity, that regularly conducts insurance business or that is advertised as a place where the public may contact the business entity or its employees concerning insurance services. Branches may be registered either electronically or by paper from our website at http://www.maine.gov/pfr/insurance/regulated/individuals_bus_entities/adjusting_firms/index.html#application. The fee is $25.
A: Branches are registered specifically by location. Therefore, if there has been a physical address change, the branch will need to submit a new branch registration form and fee.
- Licensing Supervisor – Pamela Roybal – 207-624-8408 – email@example.com
- Licensing Attorney – Lindsay Laxon – 207-624-8429 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Licensing Specialist – Debra Ayotte – 207-624-8413 – email@example.com
- Debra can help with questions concerning Name Changes, Address Changes, Affiliations, Terminations, Resident to Non-Resident and general licensing questions.
- Licensing Specialist – Vacant
- CE Coordinator – Dawn Kilgore – 207-624-8411 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dawn can help with all questions related to Continuing Education as well as general licensing questions.
- Insurance Claims Examiner – Tracy Cunningham – 207-624-8436 – email@example.com
- Tracy can help with questions related to electronic transactions, disclosures including criminal and administrative, enforcement actions and general licensing questions.
- Mailing Address for regular mail: 34 SHS Augusta, ME 04333
- Mailing Address for UPS, FedEx, Overnight: 76 Northern Ave. Gardiner, ME 04345
- General Contact Info: firstname.lastname@example.org; Fax # 207-624-8599; Phone # 207-624-8475; Toll Free # In State Only 1-800-300-5000