Information and Resources for Industry Regarding COVID-19
The Maine and US Departments of Labor have put together the following information for businesses and employess impacted by COVID-19
- Information from Maine DOL on unemployment, Maine leave laws and other issues - https://www.maine.gov/labor/covid19/
- Unemployment claims can be filed at https://reemployme.maine.gov/
- Unemployment question can be submitted online at https://www.maine.gov/labor/contact/index.html
- FAQ’s from U.S. DOL about the Fair Labor Standards Act: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/flsa/pandemic
- OSHA’s COVID-19 webpage: https://www.osha.gov/SLTC/covid-19/
To protect small businesses, Governor Mills recently requested that the Small Business Administration (SBA) provide economic support loans to Maine small businesses in order to help them overcome any temporary loss of revenue due to COVID-19.
The SBA has approved Governor Mills’ application for SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loans.
Maine small businesses can now access and apply for Economic Impact Disaster Loans at www.sba.gov/disaster. The SBA toll-free line has been established to answer questions at 1-800-659-2955. Furthermore, in collaboration with the Department of Economic and Community Development, the SBA and its Resource Partners: U.S. Small Business Administration, SCORE and Women Business Centers will be providing workshops to answer questions and to help small businesses with the loan application process.
The annoucement from Governor Mills on the SBA Loan Program is at https://www.maine.gov/governor/mills/news/sba-approves-governor-mills-application-loans-help-eligible-businesses-impacted-covid-19-2020
Information on loan amounts, use, eligibility and terms can be found at https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/Information/EIDLLoans
To apply for an SBA disaster loan, visit https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/
- Accessing Assistance through Maine DHHS, pdf 446 kb
- Maine CDC COVID-19 Updates
- Aging and Disability Services COVID-19 Resources
- Child and Family Services COVID-19 Resources
- MaineCare Services COVID-19 Resource
- U.S. CDC Coronavirus Information
- Resources for businesses and employers from the U.S. CDC
- Get the latest news from the Office of the Governor.
- Maine Department of Labor’s Guidance on Coronavirus Response and Updates
- U.S. CDC’s Resources for Businesses and Employers.
- Small Business Administration’s Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).
- U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19 (PDF).
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s Guidance for Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Impact Washington's COVID-19 Resource Page for Manufacturers.
- Information including the Bureau's Emergency Response Orders, Bulletins and Consumer Guide to Insurance Provisions & Resources in Maine During the Coronavirus Crisis
This webpage will be updated regularly.