File a complaint

To file a complaint against an individual or company, please refer to the agency which regulates the industry involved:

Office of Professional and Occupational Regulation

Instructions on filing complaints against professionals licensed by Regulatory Boards or the Real Estate Commission

Bureau of Consumer Credit Protection

Instructions on filing complaints against entities regulated by the Consumer Credit Regulation

Bureau of Insurance

Instructions on how to file a claim through the Bureau of Insurance

Bureau of Financial Institutions

Instructions on filing complaints against Maine State chartered financial institutions

Office of Securities

Complaints about securities professionals or products can be made through the on line complaint form or by calling (207) 624-8551


Policy on filing complaints against employees of the Maine Department of Professional & Financial Regulation



Last Updated: November 14, 2017