- What is the Employee Self Service Center?
- Will the Employee Self Service Center be available 24 hours a day?
- How do I sign on?
- How do I get my MS-TAMS Employee ID number?
- Who can access my information over the Intranet?
- Is my information secure?
- Who do I call if I have questions?
- What information will I have access to view and update?
- Why don’t I need to provide a hand written signature?
- How long will it take for my information to be updated?
- Can I make all of my W-4 withholding changes through Employee Self Service?
- When will the tax withholding changes I make through Employee Self Service take effect?
- Do I need to send a new W-4 to my agency Personnel & Payroll Office when I make updates through Employee Self Service?
- I couldn’t locate my leave balance information when viewing my paycheck data. What am I doing wrong?
- When will my paycheck information be available through Employee Self Service?
- I get paid by check rather than by direct deposit. Will my paycheck information still be available through Employee Self Service?
A website with services and information for employees of the State of Maine
The Employee Self Service Center is available from 6:00am to 6:00pm, Monday through Friday.
Sign on is through your current MS-TAMS account. Your MS-TAMS password is effective for all MS-TAMS applications. Therefore, once you sign into MS-TAMS, your security is also in effect for Employee Self Service.
Your MS-TAMS Employee ID number is located on your pay advice/stub.
You must enter your MS-TAMS Employee ID number and then a Password that should only be known to you. Unless you have compromised your Password by revealing it to someone else, you are the only one who can access your information using the Employee Self Service Center.
The security of the Employee Self Service Center uses 128-bit encryption, and offers the best protection of data that we can provide. Our security policy requires that passwords be changed every 90 days. You also have a key role in protecting your information. You should create passwords that are not easily linked with you, change your password regularly, and protect your password so that it is not compromised.
Contact your agency Personnel & Payroll office with question about:
- Your password to sign on for the first time
- Your MS-TAMS Employee ID Number
- System information you believe is incorrect
You will have access to the following information in the Employee Self Service Center:
- Name - Allows an employee to view and update his/her name including a previous last name.
- Address and Telephone - Allows an employee to view and update his/her home address and home telephone number.
- Emergency Contact - Enables an employee to maintain his/her emergency contacts.
- Federal form W-4 - Enables an employee to view and update their tax status and number of allowances.
- State form W-4 - Enables an employee to view and update their tax status and number of allowances.
- Policy Review - Under construction.
- Direct Deposit - Allows an employee to view and update your direct deposit information.
- Ask HR - Allows employees to select a question category from a drop down menu, compose your question (email) and click Submit Your Question. An HR administrator will respond to your question as soon as possible.
- Regulatory Links - Links employees to Federal regulatory links as well as other state web sites.
- Additional Links - Links employees to State of Maine sites.
By selecting “Save” after making the desired changes, you are providing an electronic signature. This is the equivalent to a written signature and tells the system that you are authorizing these changes.
When you select “Save” your Human Resource record is updated immediately and an email notification is sent to the Central Payroll Office.
No. You can update the number of withholding allowances and marital status. You can not update exempt status and additional withholding amounts. You can not update withholding for states other than Maine. If you need to update these items, you will need to submit the necessary forms to your agency Personnel & Payroll office.
When you enter the W-4 changes through Employee Self Service, a new tax record is immediately created in MFASIS with the date that you made the entry as the effective date.
No. An email notification confirming the tax withholding changes you made will be sent to the Central Payroll Office.
Leave balance information is not included with the paycheck data. It is accessed through View Leave Balances in MS-TAMS.
Pay statements are no longer part of Employee Self Service, however they are available online 2 days prior to pay day through My Pay.
All paycheck information will be available through My Pay regardless of the method by which you receive your pay.
To login to Employee Self-Service, please click the link to MS-TAMS.
(Once you have chosen the link above, you will be redirected to a secure page.)
There are also other features such as "Ask HR" which will allow employees to get answers to their questions about ESS.
Please visit this site often for additional updates and information on ESS.
Questions? Please email us at MS-TAMS-List@maine.gov.