Welcome to Rapid Renewal...
This service allows you to renew your driver's license or Maine ID card or
purchase a replacement driver's license or ID card, or change your current mailing address as well as height, weight and hair color.
IF YOU HAVE NOT YET PROVIDED PROOF OF LEGAL PRESENCE TO THE BUREAU OF MOTOR VEHICLE,
YOU CAN NOT USE THIS SERVICE.
This service is provided by a third party working in partnership with the State of Maine. The total amount you pay includes funds to develop, maintain and enhance the State's official web portal, Maine.gov, and Maine.gov online services like this one.
Who Can Use This Service?
Any Maine licensed driver with an active license, motorcycle license and any holder of a Maine ID card may use this service.
You cannot use this service if any of the following apply:
- Your privilege to operate is suspended or revoked.
- You hold a commercial driver's license.
- You hold a driver's license from another state.
- You have not provided proof of legal presence to the BMV.
- You have not previously provided proof of residency to the BMV.
- You changed your name since your last renewal.
- You have developed a medical condition or an existing medical condition has changed since your last renewal.
- You need an eye exam. Vision screenings are required at the first license renewal after attaining age 40, at every 2nd renewal after that, and at every license renewal after attaining age 62.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you receive an error message during this online process, you will need to proceed to a motor vehicle branch office or mobile unit site to complete your transaction.
For additional information regarding residency requirements and proof of citizenship/legal presence, please visit the following site: http://www.maine.gov/sos/bmv/licenses/renewal.html
For additional information on renewing or replacing your driver's license or
Maine ID Card, please visit the BMV website at:
What You Will Need:
- Your Social Security number
- A valid credit card (Visa or Mastercard)
- A printer
Questions about this Service? Contact BMV at: (207) 624-9000 x 52114
or Email: email@example.com