Please visit the Office 365 Portal (Internal Only) for more information.
- E-mail, calendar, and contacts with 100 GB inbox (G3 plan), or 50 GB inbox (G1 plan)
- Ability to access e-mail outside the firewall without the need to connect to the State’s Virtual Private Network. (Requires using Outlook Web access or Outlook 2016 client and two factor authentication.)
- Ability to send and receive e-mail to and from Internet recipients
- Unlimited Online Archive with a native, well-integrated user experience.
- Enhanced Compliance and Security features.
- Safeguarding of data by hosting it in multiple US located data centers with continuous data backup and disaster recovery capabilities.
- Preserve and protect e-mail data for discovery or recovery a later date with in-place hold.
OIT, via Exchange online, will block as many spam emails as we can identify. During November 2017 alone we identified and blocked 604,328 spam messages. Unfortunately, there is no automatic way to accurately determine every spam email that is sent to a user. Writers of spam are very clever and make adjustments so that their mail won’t be labeled as spam. This makes it more difficult for our tools to identify spam email.
There is an option that you have which does a great job catching all kinds of junk email. Caution - This is a very restrictive manual setting made by the user in their Outlook application and will need to be manually maintained by the user. It is labeled “Safe Lists Only” as on option under Junk Email Option, in Outlook. When this option is selected only email from safe lists are allowed to be delivered to the Inbox. Please see the Overview of the Junk Email Filter.
If you have any questions please contact your Account Manager.
Skype for Business Instant Messaging
- Ability to send and receive instant messages on the computer screen to/from other maine.gov users that have enrolled in this service (does not send or receive from users who are not members of our Office365 tenant).
- Ability to host one to one or one to many, (up to 250 participants), Skype meetings to both internal and external participants, (external participants must utilize a web browser and would need to install a small executable to it).
- Ability to share Applications, desktop and electronic white board for collaboration purposes.
- Presence Awareness for other State Skype users.
Note: An add-on feature for Skype, PSTN - allows anyone to join your Skype meetings using only a telephone, can be licensed for an additional charge.
InTune Mobile Device Management
- Remote access to e-mail, calendar and contacts, Skype for Business, OneDrive for Business
- Service Facts: Cell Phones & other mobile devices
- License (up to five devices)
- User account set-up on InTune
- Technical support as it relates to InTune
- Ability to enroll Apple Mac OS X devices and configure security settings/WiFi Settings.
- Supported Mobile Operating Systems
NOTE: Mobile devices can be configured to send and receive State of Maine email. Request your supervisor to contact your agency Telco/Wireless Coordinator. He/she will obtain the mobile device and complete the device configuration. OIT will then enable access to email, calendar, and contacts and other features listed above.
NOTE: Mapped network drives are not provided to InTune devices.
Options Available for Additional Charge ordered through your Wireless Coordinator
- Bluetooth Headset
- Carrying Case
- Screen Protector
- Vehicle Adapter
- Extra power adapter
OneDrive for Business
OneDrive for Business is personal online storage space in the cloud, provided for you by the State of Maine. Use it to store your work files across multiple devices with ease and security. Share your files within the State of Maine to business colleagues as needed, and edit Office documents together in real time with Office Online. Sync files to your local computer using the OneDrive for Business sync app.
SharePoint Online is one of the leading information sharing tools. This offering provides a way for any agency to set up a collaborative environment that allows employees to share information and resources seamlessly. SharePoint is the top choice for centralized workspaces to share information and track activities.
Rate associated with mail recovery – prior to conversion to Office 365:
- The labor effort is about 2 hours per tape, as a billable charge to the agency of $44 per tape. There is a backup tape for each night (Monday – Friday). So, if only 1 tape is needed, the OIT charge would be $44.
- Where Does All that E-Mail Go and How Long Is it Kept? - in Word
Normal, default coverage is 7AM-5PM, Monday to Friday. In order to have 24x7 coverage, OIT needs to receive a written business justification. Once justification has been approved, OIT will work with the business on a service level agreement for the specific systems.
Service Components Included in the Base Price
- Network connection/connections
- Primary and secondary server administration support
- All OIT overhead costs (personnel, etc.)
- Virus protection
Options Available for Additional Charge:
- If 24x7 coverage is required a service level agreement is required and cost is associated with the request based on service level agreement.
- All project work is billable.
- All audit related work is billable.
Service Level Targets & Agreements
The standard production published service level agreement can be viewed at the following link: Standard SLA CTS Production Services. A formal SLA has not been developed specific to this service.
If you do not have an Office 365 license, and one needs to be procured for you, it may take up to a week to arrange this. For this reason, OIT requires two weeks to complete user transfers / new hires.
To get help – please contact the Help Desk at 624-7700
For questions with these services
How to Escalate Service Issues:
If the published SLA is not met, the issues can be escalated to the next priority level by any of the following methods:
- Contact the Core Technology Service Duty Manager (Internal Only)
- Contact Production Service Manager
- Dawnna Pease, Director of Enterprise Windows Hosting
firstname.lastname@example.org ~ 207.624.7548
- Exchange Online limits
- Shared mailboxes do not have Archive or Litigation Hold unless licensed. Shared mailboxes are not accessible through Outlook Mobile.
- SharePoint limits
- OneDrive limits: Note, files may not be shared outside the State of Maine
- Skype for Business Online limits: max 250 participants in a Skype meeting, max 10,000 participants in a broadcast.
- InTune does not manage your ability to connect to the VPN nor does it manage your ability to connect to network drives
Customers (users) responsibilities
- Disclosures of any/all security requirements
- Individual users follow state IT use rules and policies, including all security policies
- A contact person and backup are designated to interface with the OIT team
- Any issues or problems with this service are reported to the OIT team as promptly and with as complete information as is feasible.
- All third party applications are the responsibility of the user.
- Data management – all data is owned by the user’s department and subject to departmental rules
- Department is responsible for valid license selection and tracking
- For SharePoint, Groups and Teams the site owner/administrator is responsible for managing administration of the site, lists, document repository, data and all other end user configuration options.
- Departments are responsible for maintaining the license levels in order to ensure that licenses are available to meet staffing needs. To review license status please see the Office 365 License Status page (Internal Only)
- Request for O365 licenses require a two-week notice.
- Training – self-service and free training is available. Please visit the Office 365 Portal (Internal Only) for more information.
- Billing for services will start as of the time the ticket is received for the request for any production service. If a test environment is requested, those services will be billed as well upon receiving the ticket for the request. A ticket needs to be received to remove the service in order for it not to be billed. No credits will be processed without a ticket.
|Contact Service Catalog Webmaster||
Page last modified: December 16, 2019
how to use this service catalog
- Finding Services in this catalog
- View rates and pricing information
- Getting help & Reporting Problems/Suggestions
- State Agencies on the Intranet (Access only from computers on the state internal network)