Network Access - WAN/LAN Services
This service provides access to state network services allowing Maine State Employees access to State of Maine core technologies, Oracle services, file services, i-net, and internet data services. The network also provides State of Maine residents access to vital web portals and agency tools.
Benefits for users
- Access to all authorized State of Maine systems
- Ability to access Internet-based resources
24x7. Technical support of core services and critical sites* is provided 24 x 7. Technical support for all other locations and individual users is provided 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on business days.
Service Components Included in the Base Price:
- Local Area Network connectivity to the switch - 100Mbps**
- Secure Wide Area network and Internet connectivity
- Proactive network management of WAN and LAN equipment
- Utilization and performance analysis
- Capacity planning
- VoIP and QoS integration where appropriate
- All network equipment required to provide connectivity to the building telco closets ***
- Coordination of circuit installation and facilities upgrades
- Skilled technician to interconnect station wiring to network equipment
- UPS protection for network and Voice over IP equipment @ cost plus any applicable vendor fee
- 500 Kb/s to the wired end-device
Options Available for Additional Charge
- Network cables @ cost plus any applicable contractor fees (estimates provided prior to project initiation)
- High Availability (HA) @ cost for additional hardware and bandwidth as applicable
- Gigabit Ethernet connectivity @ cost for equipment and vendor fees plus applicable monthly bandwidth fees
- Temporary installations: Please consult our current rates for “switch programming” plus any applicable vendor costs for wiring plus $200/month subscription fee.
- Vendor Remote Access @ cost for necessary bandwidth increases, security tools, and infrastructure
- Connections requiring more than 500Kb/s per device, including but not limited to supporting higher bandwidth consuming applications, streaming media (Cameras/video teleconferencing), high definition graphics downloads or remote server support at remote sites @ cost for equipment, vendor fees, and monthly bandwidth fees
- Hardware data encryption @ cost of equipment, licensing and any necessary bandwidth increases
Rates charged: for this service
Service Level Targets & Agreements
The standard production published service level agreement can be viewed at the following link: Standard SLA A formal SLA has not been developed specific to this service.
- Target Service Availability is 99.99% within the Augusta Network Core Area and 99% at all other Vendor Carrier supported locations.***
- Network latency within the State Network is designed to be under 20 milliseconds.
- Network latency to the cloud is not within the States control. Applications and services consuming cloud resources should be built or contracted to tolerate latency averages above 70 milliseconds.
- The current Wide Area Network connections via commercial carriers are designed to deliver and average of 500Kbps/per user.
- Augusta Metro Area Network connections are designed for up to 100Mb/s
To get help and or order this service:
- Call Customer Support at 624-7700 for outages or troubles
- Contact your office’s telco coordinator for new service orders
How to Escalate Service Issues:
- Contact Data Network Supervisor
Jason J. Box
Systems Section Manager, Data Network
Customers (users) responsibilities related to this service include assuring that:
- Completed service request NOTE: New service requests and office moves may be subject to vendor availability. Please provide OIT 45 days lead time. Commercial carrier installation may extend this timeframe.
- Customer is responsible for one time facility physical infrastructure costs, including any future wiring requests.
- * “Critical Sites” are identified through negotiation with OIT and recorded through Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) or Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
- ** Bandwidth at some sites will be limited to “equal to or less than” the commercial vendor connection speed.
- *** The costs associated with wiring from telco closet to the network wall jacks are the responsibility of the ordering agency. OIT is responsible for the coordination of installation.
- **** State of Maine network availability is limited to “equal to or less than” commercial vendor capabilities at remote offices
|Contact Service Catalog Webmaster||
Page last modified: November 8, 2018
Links to all Summary Pages
- Application Development and Support Services
- Desktop Computing & Help Services
- Collaboration & Email Services
- Project Management Services
- Data, Voice and Radio Services
- Print & Copy Services
- Hosting Services
- OIT Performance Metrics
- Risk Management Services
- Infrastructure Services
- Summary Listing of all catalog entries