The Chief Information Officer and the Office of Information Technology fully support the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) regarding public access and reasonable accommodations in the workplace and recognizes the State's commitment to meeting the needs of its employees and citizens with disabilities. In addition, the Chief Information Officer authorizes the establishment of an Information Technology Accessibility Standing Committee to evaluate and advise the CIO regarding technological developments and products related to compliance with the ADA and other relevant laws.
The Committee serves as an advisory group to the CIO, it's primary goals are:
- Integrate information technology accessibility into daily business processes and practices.
- Propose and maintain guidelines for information technology accessibility.
- Expand and maintain an evaluation methodology for current and future information technology endeavors.
- Prepare an annual report on previous year's accomplishments and proposed future work plan.
- Work in partnership with the Information Technology Accessibility Coordinator on identifying issues and providing technical assistance and solutions.