Maine Library Performers Showcase
Performers Brochure [PDF,43 KB] from the Libraries United Conference 2012 with the performers below listed.
- Matt Loosigian - folk singer, guitarist, and songwriter
- Matt Loosigian is a dynamic folk singer, guitarist, and songwriter specializing in playful, funny songs about ecology and being green. His fun, peppy Earth Jams shows include rocking, danceable numbers and classic folk songs to which audiences will love to sing along. Matt is available for concerts at schools, libraries, and festivals in Maine, NH, and North Eastern MA.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, www.earthjams.com
- Antonio Rocha - award-winning storyteller
- Antonio Rocha is an award-winning storyteller who uses his unique blend of verbal narrative, mime, and a myriad of sound effects to bring his stories to life. From Sasha Obama's school to New Zealand, Antonio has performed across the United States and in fourteen other countries. He is sure to delight your library audiences.
Contact: email@example.com, www.storyinmotion.com, 6 Cliff Road, Gray, ME 04039, Home office: 207.657.4457; Cell: 207.329.0849
- Sammie Haynes - award-winning children’s musician/performer
- Sammie Haynes is an award-winning children’s musician/performer (Parent’s Choice and more) who has enchanted audiences from New England to California. Listeners are inspired by her warmth, humor and clever songs about everything from dogs and rivers to whistling and messy cars. Her shows are fun and interactive and guaranteed to engage the whole family! Themed programs available. Member Maine Arts and NE Foundation for the Arts.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, www.sammiehaynes.com, POB 464, South Berwick, ME 03908, 207.384.3234
- Jean Armstrong - Storyteller
- Jean Armstrong’s lively performances are fun, funny and physical filled with characters that will get your kids up on stage! As an adjudicated artist on the MaineArts Commission roster, she regularly performs shows for audiences from 15 to 500, and conducts workshops & residencies for schools, libraries, corporations and festivals throughout the Americas. Storyteller Brother Blue has said about her work, “Exquisite -a rare thing! That was a masterpiece!"
Contact: email@example.com, www.jeanarmstrong.com, 88 Glenwood Avenue, Portland, ME 04103, 207.879.1886
- Jackson Gilman - Stand-Up Chameleon
- Jackson Gilman, Stand-Up Chameleon -Sparkling with energy, wit and whimsy, Jackson draws on his many talents as storyteller, songsmith and movement artist to engage audiences of all ages in his highly interactive programs. He has developed a score of different programs over his 33 year career, many nature-oriented, which are described
with references on the family/education page of his website.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org; www.jacksongillman.com, POB 41, Onset, MA 02558 (periodically at 22 Huckleberry Lane, Mount Desert, ME 04660), 508.295.0886
- Conjuring Carroll & Maine-ly Balloons
- Conjuring Carroll & Maine-ly Balloons - Professional, easy to work with, family entertainer providing fun entertaining magic and balloons for all ages since 1996. Themed shows for schools, libraries and corporations. “I found him to be among the best in terms of professionalism, quality of performance, and entertainment value.” ? Marcia White, Sugarloaf USA.
Contact: email@example.com, www.ConjuringCarroll.com, www.Maine-lyBalloons.com, www.MagicOutreach.com,
POB 283, Solon, ME 04979, 207.635.3133
- Dawnella Sutton, The Barefoot Storyteller
- Dawnella Sutton, The Barefoot Storyteller -Storytelling with an inventful and educational edge. Engaging, interactive, imaginative performances, workshops, classes & more, with stories, art, and creativity for all ages. Member of New England Consortium of Artist-Educator Professionals, Maine Arts, The National Storytelling Network, Professional
Storyteller, Maine Organization of Storytelling Enthusiasts, and is co-director and founder of the RSU #3 Elementary After School Performing Arts Program.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, www.StorytellerMoon.com, 230 Belfast Road, Freedom, ME 04941?
- Cormac McCarthy, Nationally renowned singer/songwriter
- Cormac McCarthy, Nationally renowned singer/songwriter presents “Home Town” a musical program for adults using songs, humor and dark tales to tell of the good times and hard times in small town America. From the earnest mill worker to the “Cadillac Man” who lives in his Coupe de Ville at a campground, these songs and stories of people you may “know” will hit hard and true.
Contact: email@example.com, www.cormacmccarthy.net, POB 464, South Berwick, ME 03908, 207.384.3234
- Tracy Tingley - Hardcore Hooping
- Tracy Tingley - Hardcore Hooping is fun for men, women and kids, designed to inspire movement and fitness in a way that is natural, comfortable and most importantly fun. Hardcore Hooping strengthens your core, tones your body, and lifts your spirit. Increase your endurance, flexibility and balance while burning calories. Once you master
basic hooping you will learn dance styles and tricks. Instructor's hand-made hoops are free to use and only $20 to take home. Laughter guaranteed!
Contact: Tracy@hardcorehoop.com, www.hardcorehoop.com, 207.831.1059
- Martin Swinger - a celebrated entertainer and arts educator
- Martin Swinger is a celebrated entertainer and arts educator with a gift for captivating a multi-age family with engaging songs and stories. Martin introduces songwriting games to K-5 children with a program adaptable for a fun, all-family event. Martin is also an 'adult' singer/songwriter in a concert of award-winning original songs of astounding
depth and poetry. Member of Maine Songwriter's Association, Folk Alliance International and People's Music Network.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, www.swingersongwriter.com, 52 Green Street, Augusta, ME 04330, 207.626.0165
- Jennifer Armstrong - an award winning musical storyteller
- Jennifer Armstrong is an award winning musical storyteller weaving Scottish bagpipe, fiddle, banjo and folk toys through her stories and songs. She engages all ages from the handkerchief mouse with pre-school audiences to the sit down square dance with seniors. Her Children's Cable TV show, "I Can Be Me" is now available nationally. She has been featured at the National Storytelling Festival, All Things Considered on NPR and taken her musical stories as far as Hong Kong.
Contact: email@example.com, www.jenniferarmstrong.com/, 9 Field Street #101, Belfast, ME 04915, 207.338.6616