Customer Service Bibliographer
- Library: YBP Library Services
- Town: Contoocook, NH
- Library Type: Other
- Position Type: MLS Preferred
- Deadline: December 27, 2019
Description, How to Apply, and Contact:
Customer Service Bibliographer Date: Sep 20, 2019
Location: 03229, NH, US, 03229
Company: EBSCO Industries Inc
EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases - all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation's largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience demonstrating project management and customer service skills
- 2-3 years of relevant professional experience
- 3+ years of intermediate-to-advanced-level Microsoft Office experience
- 2+ years of experience working with LC, Dewey, and NLM classifications and awareness and understanding of digital content
- Comfort communicating with internal stakeholders and customers through clear, concise and professional verbal and written communications
- Ability to prioritize and work independently and/or as part of a team
- MLS degree
- Experience or knowledge of book or library industries
- Zeal for exceeding customer expectations by delivering exceptional service
- Confidence and tact to deliver difficult messages to customers as well as holding internal stakeholders accountable to a higher standard, and knowing when to do each
- Ability to uncover the real issue and identify appropriate next steps when faced with incomplete and ambiguous information
- Project management experience working with cross-functional teams through resolution of high-priority, time-sensitive issues
- Ability to analyze customer performance, identify problems, and suggest solutions
- Innovative with excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- For international bibliographers some foreign language requirements may apply
- Experience working within CRM software
GOBI Library Solutions provides print and digital content, supporting collection management and technical services to academic, research and special libraries throughout the world. GOBI has 300 employees with customers in 63 countries and is headquartered in Contoocook, NH, USA. GOBI is a division of EBSCO Information Services.
GOBI Customer Service Bibliographer
The mission of the GOBI Customer Service Bibliographer (CSB) is to provide outstanding customer service to a portfolio of academic library customers, partner with the GOBI Sales team, take ownership of customer issues and develop strong relationships with both internal and external customers that support future sales and development. We are looking for a service-oriented individual with experience working in a fast-paced, customer facing environment, able to adapt to and support complex and developing service requirements. Ideally, candidates will have experience in a professional service role that required use of multiple online systems, detailed research and problem solving, excellent communication skills, and effective time management.
An informal survey in March 2019 of current Customer Service team members summarized the following qualities of a quintessential GOBI Customer Service Bibliographer: Accommodating. Adaptable. Collaborative. Curious. Customer-oriented. Determined. Inquisitive. Organized. Patient. Problem-solver. Resourceful. Trust-worthy.
The following statements describe the general nature of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties. Additional duties may be assigned by Management:
- For assigned group of customers serve as primary service contact via phone and email
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of your assigned customers, focusing on organization, workflows, ILS and GOBI integrations and touchpoints, and other unique or custom factors that should be considered over the course of issue resolution
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of GOBI functionality and services, focusing on the ability to effectively triage and respond to customer questions, needs and issues
- Receive issues from customers with confidence, competence and empathy
- Drive resolution of issues from receipt and clarification through confirmation of successful resolution
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional operating teams to ensure appropriate focus and cooperation during resolution phase, including process improvement opportunities
- Work collaboratively with customers and Sales to communicate promptly, accurately and thoroughly in a professional and courteous manner
- Look for and develop potential growth opportunities within existing accounts
- Thoroughly document customer details in both internal systems and share information with team members and sales.
- Update and/or produce internal documentation for training and education purposes.
- Track most customer and sales interactions within the CRM software thoroughly.
Service Orientation: Demonstrate empathy, professionalism and ownership in stakeholder interactions. Actively listen to stakeholder inquiries and issues, set expectations for resolution, conduct related research and follow up promptly and manage the issue until final resolution.
Flexibility: Adaptable to both planned and unexpected changes in schedules, workflows and processes while maintaining a positive attitude. Take on new challenges with enthusiasm.
Diagnostic Listening: Listens effectively and understands the perspective of others. Asks the right questions - identifying issues, problems, and opportunities. Ability to get to the core issue quickly by understanding what the customer needs are by performing analysis and displaying critical thinking skills. Incorporates the GOBI perspective as applicable.
Judgment: Sets a positive example in the values of learning, teaching, and teamwork. Brings the "GOBI experience" to customers. Understands the GOBI culture and core principles - strives to exemplify in all interactions with others.
Influence and Persuasion: Demonstrating courage and integrity by promptly addressing problems or issues, voicing concerns in a professional manner, consulting with others, asking difficult questions, challenging the status quo. Courage to disappoint and knowing how to stand between the customer and the cliff. Focusing on the performance of quality work by understanding the customer's business, issues, and environment. Creating and maintain mutually respectful customer relationships.
Planning, Execution, and Accountability: Efficiently planning and performing work in accordance with customer expectations and professional standards. Consistently identifies key milestones for projects and tracks actual vs. plan over time. Assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments. Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major change or challenges at customers or internally. Adjusts to new work structures, processes, customer cultures. Appropriately using resources to accomplish business objectives. Demonstrates awareness and consults when appropriate.
Communication: Effectively tailoring verbal and written communication for the audience. Ability to use various presentation styles and modes to deliver a clear and concise message. Displays confidence and professionalism in all external and internal interactions.
Problem Solving: Providing, seeking, and using resources to develop a POV and determine a path to resolution and next steps. Acclimate to new customer work structures, processes, and requirements. Ability to sift through and analyze information to generate alternative solutions.
Thriving In a High Paced Environment: Demonstrates the ability to adapt quickly - dealing with change and ambiguity. Demonstrates the ability to "keep up with the constant flow of demands by filtering information appropriately.
Acquiring and Applying Technical Expertise: Acquiring and applying a deep knowledge of GOBI products and services. Applying technical knowledge in addressing customer issues and challenges. Staying current with business and industry information and trends.
- Positive Attitude
- Good Judgement
- Open Communication
- Desire to Make an Impact
- Eager to Understand
- Team Player
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
Source: 2019-09-24,online form