Home → News and Events →Rulemaking
MLRB Proposed Rule Changes
The Maine Labor Relations Board is proposing to make several changes to its rules, including the formal incorporation of Majority Sign-up procedures and instituting a new requirement for electronic filing of documents with the Board. A summary and text of the proposed changes are included below.
- Summary of Proposed Rule Changes (PDF)
- Proposed Rule Text (with deleted language crossed out, new language underlined)
- Chapter 10: General Rules (PDF)
- Chapter 11: Bargaining Unit Composition and Representation Matters (PDF)
- Chapter 12: Prohibited Practice Complaints; Interpretive Rulings (PDF)
- Chapter 13: Resolution of Contract Negotiations Disputes (PDF)
- Public Hearing: January 29, 2020, 12:00 p.m., Room 334 (Legislative Council Chamber), State House, Augusta
- Comment Deadline: February 12, 2020
- Board Meeting on Final Adoption: February 28, 2020
Written comments may be submitted to: Henry Fouts, Maine Labor Relations Board, 90 State House Station, Augusta, Maine 04330-0090; Fax: (207) 287-4416; Email: henry.fouts@Maine.gov. To ensure that your written comments are considered, they must include your name and the organization that you represent, if any.
For more information, please contact Henry Fouts at (207) 287-2015.