Public Outreach and Engagement
Providing the information people need to make good decisions for themselves, before, during and after an emergency.
- A full library of preparedness and safety fact sheets at MainePrepares.com
- Displays and presentations at conferences or meetings, with County EMA Directors
- Brochures and educational materials that can be shared with partner organizations
- Weather information and emergency news on the MEMA front page and at MainePrepares
- Social media connections for two-way communication
- Subscription service for emergency news, shelter openings, learning opportunities
Please visit MainePrepares and make use of any of the materials you find there for your own education and outreach efforts.
- Preparedness and Safety Highlights ...
- Flood and Flash Flood Safety
- Lightning and Lighning Safety - An Introduction
- Stay Informed
- Summer Storms: Watch, Warning and Advisory Criteria
- Coming Up in the EMA Community ...
- 7/25/2018: Hurricance Recovery Tabletop Exercise Series: RSF 5 Infrastructure Systems
- 7/26/2018: School Bus Rollover Tabletop Exercise
- 8/1/2018: Hurricane Recovery Tabletop Exercise Series: RSF 4 Housing
- 8/6/2018: Mid-Level Management Incident Command System (ICS 300)
... more events
- 7/9/2018: Full-time Emergency Management Deputy Director Penobscot County
- 6/28/2018: MEMA is looking for a Natural Hazards Planner / Assistant State Hazard Mitigation Officer
- 6/21/2018: TRAINING ANNOUNCEMENT: Advanced Incident Command System (ICS 400)
- 6/21/2018: TRAINING ANNOUNCEMENT: Mid-level Management Incident Command System (ICS 300)