MaineDOT Strategic Transit Plan 2025
The purpose of the project is to prepare a 10-year comprehensive transit plan for the period 2015 - 2025 that will assist MaineDOT in prioritizing service improvements, identifying performance measures, and establishing standards for responding to the need for transit services.
The plan will be a holistic approach to evaluating surface passenger transportation initiatives, programs and funding sources, including interagency coordination of public and social service transportation and capital improvements for transit providers. The plan will have a particular focus on Maine’s aging population and will assess and make recommendations to meet elderly transportation needs statewide. In addition, the plan will make recommendations on best practices for transit planning and funding strategies.
September 25, 2014
April 8, 2014
- Agenda for Meeting #5 (Word) (PDF)
- Maine Rider Survey and Conclusions (PDF)
- Maine Customer Survey - Draft (PDF)
February 6, 2014
- Agenda for Meeting #4 (Word) (PDF)
- Steering Committee Presentation (Power Point)
- Meeting Minutes (Word) (PDF)
- Final Strategic Plan (PDF)