1999 East West Highway Study
Welcome to the website for the study of the East-West Highway for the state of Maine. Here you will find information on Maine's East-West Highway study.
Please note: This website was originally created in August 1999. There may be links and documents that are not currently available.
The Reports page lists all the current report documents that are involved with the East-West Highway Study. To see a report, please scroll down to the index below, and click on an icon or the text just to the left of each icon.
- Executive Summary (Word) (PDF)
- Technical Report On An East-West Highway In Maine, MaineDOT, 1999. (PDF)
- Maine East-West Highway: Assessment of Toll Financing Feasibility, Wilbur Smith Associates, 1999. (PDF)
- Maine East-West Highway Economic Impact Analysis, Phase I-IV, RKG Associates, Inc., 1999.
The state legislative page lists both the current enacted legislative documents that are involved with the East-West Highway Study, and proposed legislation.
- Designation of the East-West Highway by the 118th Legislature
- Law enacted directing the SPO & MDOT to study and develop the East-West Highway
Please Note: The web pages listed above are no longer available. To search for the documents and laws listed above, please visit the Maine Legislature's Law Search web page.
The Funding page lists all the current funding documents that are involved with the East-West Highway.
- Maine Application for Federal Funds, 1999 (Word) (PDF)
- General Information on the Federal Border Crossing/Corridor Funds for the Project
The State and Federal Representatives' page allows locating both state and federal representatives for the people of Maine. To locate your representatives both here in Maine, and in Washington D.C., please scroll down to the index below.
The Links page involves locating other websites that are involved with or have an interest in this study.