Sign Up for Project Email Alerts
Ogunquit Route 1 Project
MaineDOT has officially completed our $13.5 million Route 1 project through Ogunquit. We’re proud to report that we finished ahead of schedule and under budget.
Thanks for your Cooperation and Patience over the past two years!
On December 1, we officially completed our major upgrade of Route 1 through Ogunquit. We’re proud of our MaineDOT team, lead contractor, RJ Grondin, and all the other men and women who helped accomplish so much:
- Two brand new bridges, now with sidewalks
- Two miles of complete road reconstruction
- An elegant new downtown streetscape, with antique streetlights, brick paving and more!
- 6.5 miles of drainage work
- 2.6 miles of brick and paved sidewalks
Most of all, we thank you, the residents and businesses of Ogunquit, for your patience and cooperation through all the necessary disruption our project caused. We hope you’ll agree it was worth the effort.