The Skowhegan CareerCenter is part of the statewide CareerCenter network that provides a variety of employment and training services at no charge for Maine workers and businesses.
Maine Veterans receive priority of service in all CareerCenter programs.
Area Job Fairs
- Spurwink willl be here recruiting March 12 10:00am to 2:00pm
- Kelly Services recruiting Tuesday, March 18 9:00 - 4:00
- Walmart Veteran Hiring event Thursday March 20 11:00 - 3:00
Workshops and Events
- Recurring Workshop: Resume Writing Part 2 March 13 1:00 - 3:00 - March 13, 2014
- Recurring Workshop: Open Computer Lab Thursday 03/20 1:00 - 3:00 - March 20, 2014
- Recurring Workshop: Gateways to Employment Monday, March 10 - March 10, 2014
- Recurring Workshop: Want to learn about Non-Traditional Occupations? - March 7, 2014
- Recurring Workshop: Resume & Cover Letter Writing Workshop - 04/01/14 - April 1, 2014
- Recurring Workshop: Successful Interviewing Techniques. 03/11/2014 - March 11, 2014
- Recurring Workshop: Effective Communications Skills Workshop Tuesday, March 18 - March 18, 2014
- Recurring Workshop: Set Your Goals! Manage Your Time! Tuesday 3/25 1:00 - 3:30 - March 25, 2014
- Links to Veteran Resources
- Maine Small Business Administration
- ONET: Occupational Information Network
A primary source of occupational information to use in making informed decisions about education, training, career choices, and work.
- Rehabilitation Services
- Women Unlimited
Assists Maine women, minorities, and displaced workers.
- Women's Business Center at Coastal Enterprises Inc. (CEI)
- Women, Work, and Community - Skowhegan
Offering Workshops for women in the community.
Local Education/Training Resources
- Community Colleges and State Universities
- Adult and Community Education Providers in Maine
- Financial Aid for College - Apply Online
If applying online seems too hard, consider attending our next MEOC workshop. See workshop and event section above for date and time.
- Kaplan University
- K-12 Education
- Libraries in Maine
- Assistive Technology in Maine