Licensing - Reciprocity


If you do not have a State license or certifcation, do not use this page. Please visit here for more info.

If you have a NREMT card only, please follow this link. Please note: If you have recently completed an EMT course, and have not been licensed by any state (i.e. you only have an NREMT card, this is the choice you want.

EMS providers licensed by another US State or territory may apply for a Maine EMS license by submitting online through the Maine EMS eLicensing system. You must first create am account on the eLicensing system, then submit an application for reciprocity.Maine EMS does not use paper applications.

Get a New Maine EMS License based on Reciprocity

Create an account on the eLicensing portal.