Skip Maine state header navigation

Agencies | Online Services | Help

Skip First Level Navigation | Skip All Navigation

Home > military funeral honors

Military Funeral Honors

Family members of a deceased veteran should notify the Funeral Director of their desire to have Military Funeral Honors rendered at the interment of their loved one. The Funeral Director should contact the appropriate military branch Casualty Assistance Center (CAC) of the deceased veteran.

The following is a list of Casualty Assistance Centers and Military Funeral Honors Point of contacts:  

United States Army including Army National Guard, US Army Reserves and Merchant Marine: Frank Norwood Toll Free: 1-800-958-5967 or 207-626-7822 or 626-7805 Fax: 207-626-7804 Cell: 703-901-8531 Maine Military Funeral Honors Program website

United States Air Force including Air National Guard and US Air Force Reserves: Maine burials call 207-404-7263. Burials out-of-state are handled by Hanscom Air Force Base and may be requested by calling 781-225-6558

United States Navy: 860-694-3475 in Groton, CT or in Maine contact the following:
United States Marine Corps :

United States Coast Guard: 617-990-6249