The State of Maine website has some insightful information on how to get help for yourself or to help someone else contemplating suicide. You are not alone. There are resources available at the following hotlines and websites that can help you.
- Maine Crisis Hotline: 1-888-568-1112
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Maine Crisis Response Programs by County: www.maine.gov/suicide/docs/crisis-response-programs-08-08-16.pdf in pdf
- Department of Human Services: www.maine.gov/suicide/
- Responding to Suicidal Behavior: www.maine.gov/suicide/docs/responding-suicidal-behavior.pdf in pdf