Home → Safety Grants
Highway Safety Grants
Grant funds are awarded based on crash and fatality data analysis of who, what, when, where and why. Fund opportunites must be traffic safety related, should include a proven countermeasure, and must address to these categories:
- Occupant Restraints (for adults and children);
- Traffic Records System Improvements;
- Emergency Medical Services;
- Police Traffic Services (speed enforcement and related equipment);
- Distracted and Drowsy Driving;
- Community Traffic Safety Programs;
- Impaired Driving (alcohol and drugs; youth alcohol;
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Safety;
- Motorcycle Safety.
Within these categories, funds are dedicated to support training, public information and education, equipment acquisition, staff support and program administration. Funded projects can provide direct services and/or system improvements.
NHTSA Countermeasures That Work is helpful in identifying proven solutions.