2020 New Certification Courses and renewal courses
NEW CERTIFICATION CLASS SCHEDULED:
Course ID: ME20200805467
Maximum Seats: 10
September 21-24, 2020 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Gorham Fire Department
270 Main Street
Gorham, Maine 04038
Lead Instructor Contact: Lance Mitchell- 207-441-9743- firstname.lastname@example.org
RENEWAL CLASS SCHEDULED: None currently scheduled. Please check back later.
The training begins on Monday and ends on Thursday. All trainees participate in a car seat check event on Thursday. Trainings will begin each day promptly at 8:00 a.m. and will end by 5:00 p.m. (No excused absences)
Public safety personnel, health care providers, childcare providers, health educators and concerned community members.
Due to the complexity of Child Passenger Safety, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has created a standardized course for technical specialists. The course is mentally challenging and physically demanding.
Certification is for a two-year period. Recertification requires that technician has remained technically proficient throughout their two-year cycle by being active in the CPS community and by obtaining continuing educational units.
At the completion of the course, the participant will be able to:
• Demonstrate child passenger safety technical skills.
• Identify and correct misuse of child restraints.
• Educate others about child passenger safety, issues and concerns.
• Demonstrate a minimum standard of knowledge and skills to meet national certification requirements.
• Serve as a resource to organization/community/state.
• Conduct child passenger safety car seat inspections.
Complete Online Registration Form
There are a limited number of seats available for this training. You are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. If the class is full and you are unable to register, we will keep you informed about future scheduled classes. If you have questions, please call us at 207-626-3840.
Payment and Cost
The Registration fee is $95.00 payable to Safe Kids. Payment must be received by SafeKids prior to the first day of class. DO NOT pay the Bureau of Highway Safety.
The registration fee covers training materials and certification for two years.
To obtain certification you must:
• Complete the entire course
• Pass quizzes
• Pass hands-on skills evaluations
• Participate in a scheduled child safety seat checkup event at the end of the course