Recertification – Individuals performing CPS activities must be trained with the NHTSA certification curriculum, and certified by Safe Kids. The certification cycle is two years. Throughout the two year certification cycle, individuals must complete specific responsibilities to re-certify for another two year cycle.
Requirements – To re-certify at the end of the two year certification cycle technicians must have completed and posted all pre-registration requirements,including:
- Verified seat check activity (5 seat types) approved by the instructor that observed
- Community event (one check up or community workshop)
- Continuing education units (6 CEUs) retain copies of any CEU certificates, etc.
- Pay for re-certification (You can complete your recertification, including payment, up to four months prior to your certification cycle end date).
Re-certify with Safe Kids – Once your requirements have been completed and you are within the required re-certification timeline, go to www.cert.safekids.org.
- Login in to your profile with your user name and password
- Make sure all activity has been logged into your Safe Kids account
- Register and pay for recertification. Recertification fee is $50
For any help with your Safe Kids account, or if you have any questions please contact 1-877-366-8154 to speak with Safe Kids directly.