Data on Processes & Results
As a part of the state’s general supervision responsibilities, a chain of events should occur when data are used for decision-making about program management and improvement.
- Collection and verification
- Examination and analysis
- Reporting of data
- Status determination
Data Warehouse. The Maine Department of Education's Data Warehouse puts data about Maine's schools in one place where it is easy to find and easy to understand. The Warehouse is a powerful tool for individuals who want to find out how their local schools are performing and how their performance compares to other Maine schools, districts and the entire state. The Data Warehouse also offers easily understandable data on school spending, Maine's student population and staff members working in the state's schools.
Public Reporting of IDEA Data. The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) section 618(a) (for children ages 3-21) and section 642 (for birth through age 2) requires that states make specific special education data available to the public. Most of the data, including special education student counts and student assessment data, are available in the Data Warehouse. The links below provide access to additional data/additional disaggregation and are intended to supplement the collections in the Data Warehouse.
- IDEA Section 618 Personnel (2013-14) (XLS, 5KB)
- IDEA Section 618 Student Exits (2013-14) (XLS, 17KB)
- IDEA Section 618 Disciplinary Removals (2013-14) (XLS, 6KB)
- IDEA Section 618 Dispute Resolution (2013-14) (XLS, 5KB)
- IDEA Section 618 Educational Environment (2014-15) (XLS, 46KB)
- Maintenance of Effort and Coordinated Early Intervening Services (2012-13) (XLS, 32KB)