As a part of Public Law 2011, Chapter 686, school administrative units and private schools approved for tuition purposes are required to establish regional school calendars, in coordination with their local secondary Career and Technical Education (CTE) school. These calendars must be submitted to the Maine Department of Education no later than June 1, 2023. Please contact Emily Doughty at firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-592-0314 with any questions. Regional calendars may be submitted using the Regional Calendar Guidance below.
In order to assist with this task, the following resources have been developed:
- Regional Calendar Guidance (DOC) – More detailed information than is contained in the administrative letter about who is responsible for doing what and when.
- Calendar Templates (XLS) - An Excel file with a half-day worksheet for up to nine schools and a full-day worksheet for up to 10 schools.
- Use the "half day" worksheet/tab if your local CTE school day is broken down between morning and afternoon.
- Use the "full day" worksheet/tab if your local CTE school day is not broken down between morning and afternoon.
- Instructions for using templates (DOC) - Detailed instructions for using both the full and half day Excel templates. Note: Instructions have changed for AY 2023-2024
- Sample Calendar Templates (XLS) - An Excel file with completed and annotated half and full day worksheets.
- Waiver request form (DOC) – Use this form if you need to request a waiver from the requirement of no more than 5 dissimilar days.
Maine Revised Statute, Title 20-A, Part 3, Chapter 209, Section 4801